WordPress is a free open source blogging tool and content management system. WordPress can be used to create a traditional blogging site; however, it can also be used to create a standard website for business or personal use. This course focuses on creating websites using WordPress. No previous experience is needed. This course is structured in a way to help all students, regardless of their experience, learn WordPress.
Students will learn how to:
- Set up a domain and hosting account
- Set up a MySQL database on their server
- Install WordPress on the MySQL database
- Plan their website by choosing color schemes, fonts, layouts, and more
- Search for themes in WordPress
- Select, install, and activate a theme
- Add posts to their website
- Create website pages
- Add images, photo galleries, and more
- Create tags for SEO and categories to organize their posts
- Use WordPress as a content management system (CMS)
- Use widgets and plugins
- Create an ecommerce site
- Integrate WordPress with social media
- And more
Each lesson covers a different aspect of WordPress and contains sections to teach students what they need to know. Step-by-step instructions, along with screenshots and demonstrations, make learning to use WordPress a breeze. By the end of the course, all students will be able to successfully create their own customized website using the information they’ve learned.
You should have a high school reading level and be competent in basic computer usage and terminology.
8 weeks, 1-2 classes per week.