The Caribbean Regional Communications Infrastructure Programme (CARCIP) commenced training in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in St.Vincent and the Grenadines in April, 2016. The CARCIP ICT Skills Development Programme forms part of the government’s overall strategy to increase economic growth, through the enhancement of productivity and technical expertise within the local ICT sector. The programme is currently being implemented by the Ministry of Economic Planning, Sustainable Development, Industry, Information and Labour in collaboration with the SVG National Centre of Technological Innovation Inc (NCTI).
CARCIP TRAINING GRANT
- CARCIP provides training grants to the general public, including individuals that are unemployed.
- These grants constitute 80% of the total cost of training and certification.
- SVGNCTI facilitates selected participants with professional and certified training in ICT.
- All eligible applicants are expected to contribute twenty percent (20%) of the unit cost of training and certification.
- Participants must be registered and contributions must be made in advance, once the training application is approved by SVGNCTI.
In Addition; if selected, all participants must:
- Sign a contract to assure commitment to completing the specific skills training
- Agree to be involved in the program’s visibility campaign
- Accept the terms and conditions of the training program
- Commit to completing the programme and attending all classes
- candidates must complete an Application form
- candidates must pay a $25.00 Registration fee
- Completed applications may also be attached and sent electronically via email
- email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- subject of the email: SVGNCTI and ‘Course name‘
- Completed applications may be dropped off at the SVGNCTI office
- located on Sharpe Street, Kingstown (upstairs the physical planning unit)
- between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM
|CompTIA A+||$ 1,600.00||$ 320.00|
|CompTIA Network+||$ 1,600.00||$ 320.00|
|CompTIA Security+||$ 1,750.00||$ 350.00|
|Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)||$ 3,500.00||$ 700.00|
|Smartphone Repairs||$ 2,000.00||$ 400.00|
|Mobile Application Design and Development||$ 2,500.00||$ 500.00|
|Introduction to Database Design||$ 1,500.00||$ 300.00|
|Web Programming||$ 1,500.00||$ 300.00|
|Site Development Associate (CIW)||$ 1,500.00||$ 300.00|
|Graphic Design Fundamentals||$ 2,500.00||$ 500.00|
|Digital Animation Fundamentals||$ 3,000.00||$ 400.00|
|Foundations in Multimedia Production||$ 2,500.00||$ 500.00|
|Introduction to Computers||$ 250.00||$ 50.00|
|Computer Applications (ICDL Base)||$ 500.00||$ 100.00|
|Microsoft Office Specialist-Word||$ 500.00||$ 100.00|
|Microsoft Office Specialist-Excel||$ 500.00||$ 100.00|